Clearwater Compliance, LLC, is all about and only about helping healthcare organizations and their service providers become and remain HIPAA-HITECH Compliant. Owned and operated by veteran, C-suite health care executives, the company has served more than 350 organizations since deciding to focus only on HIPAA in 2010. Learn more about our company.
Clearwater Compliance provides comprehensive, by-the-regs software and tools, risk management solutions, training, and professional services for organizations ranging from small medical practices and healthcare startups to major healthcare systems, hospitals, health plans and Fortune 100 companies. Learn more about our software, solutions and services.
Our best-in-class HIPAA-HITECH software and services enable covered entities and business associates to become and remain compliant with HIPAA-HITECH faster, cheaper and more thoroughly. We’ve helped customers navigate OCR audits and investigations and successfully establish robust compliance programs. See what our customers have to say.
– Geoff Boulter, Platform Security Office, Hewlett Packard
Outstanding material, presentation content & presenters.
– Cornel Ruston, Managing Partner, CR Associates, LLC
Best delivery and information on HIPAA compliance, security and risk management.
– Steve Klimback, Director of IT, The Angeles Clinic
This is a solid program with great education. It lets you invest in a long term program.
– Robert Norton, Healthcare Channel Manager, Symantec
The BootCamp provided a great overview of HIPAA and help removed a lot of the confusion around HIPAA, HITECH and Omnibus Rules. It helped break down the different components of the regulation that was easy to understand.
– Cheryl Burokas, Practice Manager, Auburn Podiatry LLP on Dec 30th 2012
We chose Clearwater because of they offered a complete end-to-end HIPAA Security Risk Analysis process that followed all the HHS/OCR guidance. Very professional people who provided specific recommendations we could act on immediately.
– Rating by Elizabeth Blondefield, Practice Manager, Grady L. Jeter, MD on Feb 4th 2013:
We looked at several vendors to complete our Risk Analysis. Clearwater quickly emerged as our top choice because of their solid three-step process and deep HIPAA risk analysis experience. We learned a great deal about our exposures and received a solid plan of action. Very thorough and professional. Thanks to their work, we have successfully completed our Meaningful Use attestation and are currently working to correct our deficiencies.
– Donna Casey, PMP, Security and Compliance Services, Broward County, FL
I thought the HIPAA Audit Prep BootCamp was fantastic and have recommended it to the County’s privacy officer at the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and Professional Standards.
– – Stephen Treglia, Absolute Software, Legal Counsel, Investigations and Recovery Services
[Bob Chaput is...] One of the best presenters I’ve ever seen (14 years of experience of going to and doing things like this) ……overall a well-constructed and well-presented program. I’ve done this in the privacy-sector for 14 years and can tell a good presentation program when I see one.
– Karen Ryker, Chief Compliance Officer of RC Billing in Austin, TX
Presentation was excellent! Speakers excellent!
– - Wayne Richmond, Data Security Officer, Princeton Community Hospital
We choose Clearwater because they are a front runner in consulting and assisting with this area. And, they also have developed Risk Analysis software to help you meet the Meaningful Use criteria and qualify for incentives. They may be listed as a consulting group, but they will also train and adjust to whatever is needed based upon your in-house expertise. The other top vendors were mainly consultants, they will come in and assess/audit our facility, give recommendations and leave, and if we need them again we will need to pay another fee. Clearwater offered the same type of consulting but also offered to sell us the software tool and train us on the application and uses of it. This way we may preform audits and assessments at any time.
We felt that we had the expertise in-house to understand and conduct assessments and audits after being shown the demo of the software. This software and training is within the compliance listed by the statutorily obligated to comply with the law as a result of Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, which was enacted as part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009.
– Robin Redford, Enterprise HIPAA Application Auditor
I have enjoyed participating in several HIPAA/HITECH webinars hosted by Bob Chaput with Clearwater Compliance, LLC.
The Webinars have been extremely professional and very specific in regards to assisting organizations meet the various applicable HIPAA Privacy and Security regulatory compliance requirements. After each webinar, I have been extremely impressed that Bob has personally followed up with me to see if the webinar was helpful, met my needs, and if I had any follow up questions or suggestions. Bob is very professional, polite, very customer focused, takes pride in the work, expertise and reputation of his organization!
– Scott Miller, Network Security Engineer, United Surgical Partners Int.
It was a good course that provided a significant amount of information and was run very well for an online setting.
– Steven Snyder, CIO/VP of IT, Mercy Home for Boys & Girls
I think the BootCamp was a great introduction to what is a very complicated topic. It has made me more aware of the things I need to be concerned with. It has also made me realize, as you recommend, we are going to need help from knowledgeable resources to get through this.
– John Briscoe, CIO, New York Hotel Trade Council
The information is very informative and is valuable to anyone at all exposure levels.
– Melissa Byers, Manager of IT Process Optimization & Governance, Datotel
We are a BA who has just become affected by HIPAA. We have had a very difficult time finding information and training on how to implement HIPAA related privacy & security regulations into our policies and procedures. Clearwater Compliance has been a blessing! I feel very prepared. I especially enjoyed the presentation on leadership.
– Scott Johnson, Risk Management Analyst, Dept. of Veterans Affairs
The course material and speakers were exceptional and provided a ‘real life’ understanding of the requirements.
– Dawn Goodman, Privacy and Security Officer, Health Plan of San Joaquin
Health Plan of San Joaquin began its relationship with Clearwater Compliance when we were randomly selected by OCR as one of the first in the nation covered entities to be audited. Bob and his expert team made us feel like we were their priority in those stressful weeks before and during the audit. That’s why we continue to place our confidence in Clearwater Compliance to assist with the testing of our systems and processes.
– Ashima Mehna, Information Security Analyst, St Jude Children's Hospital
I have learned a lot from all of the material that was presented to us and think it was very useful to attend the BootCamp.
– Sharon Blackwood, Consultant
You have a reputation for knowing what you are talking about. I will definitely recommend your company to clients and hope that they will have you come out. I have already emailed a client and told them that they should consider having their employees attend a BootCamp.
– Stephanie Hoogasian, Healthcare Sales Executive, Symantec
Quality of information provided as well as great delivery and conversation.
– Robert Zampolin, Healthcare Practice Manager, Symantec
I felt that the content covered was informative and had tremendous depth. Presenter provided many real world situations and examples of how and what to do if HIPAA, HITECH Compliance and Security are of great concern.
– Jermell Atkins, Management Analyst, Veterans Affairs
Hearing real live scenarios, let me know what’s going on outside my agency… Very good course , very informative.
– William Meyer, Management Analyst, Veterans Affairs
It was recommended to me. I am glad it was recommended. I felt it was very good.
– Jeff Colamarino, Director of IT,Everslim Centers, LLC
[BootCamp] A lot of material logically presented.
– Joe Harford, Founder, Reclamere
[BootCamp Score 10 out of 10 rated due to] Content and delivery.
– Howard Levine, EVP, SoftScript
[BootCamp] Information was presented in a practical manner. Very understandable.
– Christina Talucci, Principal, CMT Consulting, LLC
It was an interesting and informational seminar. Everyone was down to earth and real–no big ego’s.
– Kimberly Nash, IT Compliance Analyst, eGistics Inc.
[BootCamp] Wealth of information, great connections, material to refer back to.
– Ian Johansson, Associate Director of Regulatory Affairs Administration Department Partnership HealthPlan of California
Your team’s expertise helped ensure that we had great participation. I know HIPAA can be complex but your team really broke it down in a way that everyone could understand. We are getting ready to get underway with our cross functional compliance team and work plan, and will be on our way to a “straight A” HIPAA compliance program thanks to your software and to you, Mary, Jason and Wes.
– Diane McClain, Operations Manager, Newberry Group
[BootCamp] This was very helpful from the perspective of an IT auditor. The methods are the same, but the considerations around PHI were profound.
– Anitra Cole, Director of Human Resources, St.Joseph Institute for the Deaf
[BootCamp] Overall, the training was very valuable and provided a wealth of knowledgeable information to help key people improve their organization’s HIPAA compliance and privacy practices.
– Terry Taylor, Sr. Quality Manager, Roche Health Solutions
[BootCamp] Good format to learn and ask questions.
– Dia Morgan, General Counsel, Adapt of America, Inc.
[BootCamp] One stop shopping for HIPAA education…Excellent program that did a great job of distilling complex material into manageable pieces.
– Becky Raczkowski, CIA – ERM Consultant, FreedMaxick CPAs, P.C.
Both HIPAA-HITECH educational webinars I attended were fantastic! Clearwater Compliance is a great resource.
– Sally Jones - McNamara, Sr. Healthcare Compliance Executive
Today’s webinar was exceptionally fine! ( they ALL are!) Many thanks for the slides and your content.
You are positively influencing the lives of many by your good works. You are appreciated!”
– Lloyd Hemmert, Security Administrator, Hill Country MHDD Centers
Everything I have experienced with Clearwater Compliance has been top notch and everyone involved have been very professional.
– Dave Jollow, CISO, Nemours
High quality and practical information delivered by professionals who practice what they preach.