Clearwater HIPAA Compliance BootCamp™
The course covers thirteen educational modules. The Virtual events include two discussion sessions, which give attendees time to process their new knowledge and apply it to their own organizations. The following information is the Syllabus from the April Virtual, HIPAA Compliance BootCamp™.
Instructional Module 1: Welcome, Introduction and Overview
- Explain purpose of Virtual HIPAA Compliance BootCamp™
- Effectively utilize the GoToTraining and Basecamp platforms
Instructional Module 2: The Omnibus Arrived –Major Climate Change Ahead!
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the fundamentals of the HIPAA-HITECH regulations
- Explain to colleagues and management the recent key changes brought about by the Omnibus Final Rule
- Articulate the case for action to become and remain compliant
Instructional Module 3: Office for Civil Rights Compliance Efforts
- Explain the OCR’s perspective on complaint-, notification- and audit-driven investigations
- Evaluate response plans of your organization based on “best practices” and “lessons learned” from session
Instructional Module 4: Increased Liability Risk Under Omnibus Final Rule
- Explain new sources of risk liability
- Learn things you must know and do in the next 6 months
- Describe expanded enforcement powers of the Office for Civil Rights
Instructional Module 5: Overview of the OCR Audit Protocol
- Understand the history of HIPAA Enforcement
- Understand the basic concepts of OCR Audit Protocols
- How the OCR Audits are conducted
- Explain documentation requirements
Instructional Module 6: A Deep Dive Into Privacy Protocols
- Articulate major requirements of the Privacy Rule
- Describe the focus of the OCR Privacy Audits
- Determine how to construct appropriate policies and procedures
Instructional Module 7: A Deep Dive into Security Protocols
- Articulate major requirements of the Security Rule
- Describe the focus of the OCR Security Protocols
- Describe the fundamentals of a Security Assessment
Instructional Module 8: A Deep Dive In to Breach Notification Protocols
- Articulate major requirements of the Breach Notification Rule
- Describe the focus of the OCR Breach Notification Audits
- Describe a triage process to determine a breach
- Understand the new definition of Breach
Instructional Module 9: Beauty In Breaches – “One Organization’s Journey”
- Describe the Breach Notification process and how to operate efficiently and effectively
- Develop a plan to take advantage of Breach as an opportunity to engage senior management
Instructional Module 10: Ramifications of Omnibus on Business Associates
- Explain the expansion of the ‘Chain of Trust’
- Describe the important consideration of a true subcontractor versus an agent
- Defend the argument of “maintainer of PHI” versus “conduit of PHI”
- Discuss with colleagues specific responsibilities of BAs
Instructional Module 11: What’s missing in Privacy, Security and Compliance?
- Learn and understand that privacy, security and compliance are, ultimately, people issues
- Recognize that culture drives practice – - not tools and rules
- Know that you can lead from anywhere and that only sustainable change actually transforms people and processes
Instructional Module 12: How to Complete a Bona Fide Risk Analysis
- Explain why risk analysis is a core foundational step
- Describe the fundamentals of a Risk Analyis
Instructional Module 13: Action Planning: Quick and Easy vs. Foundational Big Rocks
- Evaluate next best actions for your organization
- Explain a step-by-step strategy for preparing for the OCR audits
Need to Tailor Training to Your Team or to a Group?
You can bring the equivalent of our Clearwater HIPAA Compliance BootCamp™, the Clearwater HIPAA Compliance WorkShop™ to your organization or association. If you have a group in need of training on the HIPAA and HITECH Regulations, holding a customized WorkShop at your organization is easy and cost-effective. You will eliminate travel time and costs while ensuring your entire team or group is up to date on the latest regulations and audit protocols. PLUS, in addition to providing relevant education tailored to your organization, and conducted by leading HIPAA experts, you can select from WorkShops targeted to HIPAA Privacy and Breach Notification Compliance Evaluation, Security Rule Compliance Evaluation, or Security Risk Assessment according to your organization’s needs. Via these onsite WorkShops, you can also benefit from:
- Facilitated completion of a thorough assessment of your compliance programs, led by an independent, third party expert and involving your entire Privacy/Security Compliance Team.
- Thorough, independent, “by the book” 3rd party assessments that:
- actually meet the Security Evaluation (45 CFR 184.308(a)(8)) requirements of the Final Security Rule
- form a baseline status measurement of your compliance programs, and identify any areas of non-compliance
- Facilitated creation of your Information Asset Inventory, indentifying where PHI is created, received, managed, or transmitted.
- Automatic generation of detailed, preliminary, actionable remediation plan you can use to prioritize and guide your remediation activities for your programs, saving valuable time and getting the expertise to jump start or enhance your compliance program.
- A one-year subscription to the Clearwater HIPAA Security Assessment™, Clearwater HIPAA Risk Analysis™ and/or Clearwater HIPAA Privacy and Breach Notification Assessment™ SaaS tools used to perform the evaluations and assessments, and where all related compliance program artifacts can be stored and progress tracked and compared over time.
- Access to Policy and Procedure ToolKits to speed along your documentation requirements.
Highly acclaimed Findings, Observations and Recommendations reports setting out targeted, practical, prioritized recommendations for remediating deficiencies and identify a prioritized list of recommended next steps so as to strengthen your programs.
For more information…
…about the Clearwater HIPAA Compliance BootCamp™, click on the links below; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or contact Customer Service at 800-704-3394.