Information Risk Management BootCamp™
Building on the success of its renowned HIPAA Compliance BootCamp™, Clearwater’s NEW Information Risk Management BootCamp™ curriculum focuses on the most pressing issues facing Covered Entities and Business Associates today as defined by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services! Clearwater’s Information Risk Management BootCamp™ responds to the intensifying focus on Risk Analysis and Risk Management by the Office for Civil Rights.
What you will learn:
The BootCamp curriculum includes “how to” modules such as:
- Assessing Your Increased Liability Risk Under the Omnibus Final Rule
- Establishing Your Risk Management Program
- Addressing Compliance Risk I – HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations
- Addressing Compliance Risk II – HITECH Breach Burden of Proof and Notification Regulations
- Implementing a Strong, Proactive Business Associate Risk Management Program
- Conducting Bona Fide HIPAA Security Rule Risk Analysis
- Maturing Your Risk Management Program
Focusing on OCR’s Stated Priorities for 2014 Audits and Investigations
OCR has announced Risk Analysis and Risk Management will be centerpiece issues during 2014 – 2015 HITECH-mandated audits and other OCR investigations.
Given poor performances during past audits and investigations, it comes as no surprise regulators are paying more attention to how organizations assess and manage security and privacy risks. In 2012, 68 percent of audited organizations had adverse findings related to risk analysis. Meanwhile, every single organization that entered into a Resolution Agreement and Corrective Action Plan as a result of an OCR investigation was cited for failing to properly analyze and manage its key security risks as specifically required under the HIPAA and HITECH regulations.
Who Should Attend?
The Information Risk Management BootCamp™ is geared toward leaders, information security and risk management professionals who are responsible for ensuring their organizations understand and manage their information security risks appropriately. The one-day course is designed to equip participants to conduct a bona fide HIPAA Security Risk Analysis based on the NIST framework and – just as importantly – implement a strong, ongoing Risk Management program.
“The BootCamp has been very helpful. I appreciate the fact that the course encompasses the non- IT, non- technical components of the[Risk Analysis] process”
– Mike Danfold, Health Information Director, Georgia Eye Partners
Seats are filling up quickly. Reserve your spot today.