Clearwater Compliance is now a Founding Premier Member of the Association for Executives in Healthcare Information Security (AEHIS) Foundation, the company announced today.
The AEHIS Foundation is the first professional organization serving as an education and networking platform to healthcare’s senior IT security leaders and was formed under the auspices of the College for Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME), the premier professional membership organization for chief information officers (CIOs) and other senior healthcare IT leaders.
The primary aim of this new association is to provide education and resources geared towards healthcare security executives, a goal which closely aligns with Clearwater Compliance’s core commitment to helping organizations better address their data security and risk management needs.
“We are delighted that Clearwater Compliance has joined the AEHIS Foundation as one of our founding premier members,” said CHIME President and CEO Russell P. Branzell, FCHIME, CHCIO. “Clearwater’s experience and thought-leadership on HIPAA and HITECH regulations, along with their dedication to enhancing safety, privacy and security of patient information, makes them an ideal partner. We look forward to Clearwater’s contribution in helping our CSO members identify information privacy, security, compliance and risk management best practices in support of a safe and secure healthcare environment.”
Education forms an important part of Clearwater’s business model, (alongside their suite of Software–as-a-Service tools and professional services, they regularly offer a variety of educational events to industry professionals, including free webinars and their popular Information Risk Management BootCamps) and they place a strong emphasis on enabling organizations to become and remain compliant without ongoing reliance on third party providers.
To qualify for Premier Membership with AEHIS, organizations must meet a stringent list of criteria and be approved by the CHIME Foundation Board of Directors. This designation is limited to a select few organizations who have demonstrated they:
- Support the purpose of the AEHIS Foundation: To encourage, develop, fund and implement programs that foster the empowerment of CSO’s and advancement of the Healthcare industry
- Are committed to working in partnership with AEHIS CSO’s to refine strategies that meet the needs of the association’s members.
- Maintain an established presence within the healthcare marketplace with a significant level of business activity related to consulting, recruiting, technology and/or applications
- Commit to engage with the AEHIS association, actively participate within the organization and have its senior executives attend AEHIS conferences and events
- Support a diversity of interests and backgrounds while advancing and broadening the strength of the AEHIS Foundation.
“This is quite a commitment and an honor for our company, and we look forward to being a productive member of the AEHIS family,” said Bob Chaput, CEO and founder of Clearwater Compliance. “With healthcare playing major catch-up around information risk management, we believe that with education and training as one of our core competencies, we have a great deal to offer this community of senior leaders in healthcare information security and risk management, and expect to learn a lot from other AEHIS members as well.”
As a Founding Premier Member, Clearwater will be a visible participant at The AEHIS Foundation gatherings, both in person and online. The company will also participate in briefings with the association’s Strategic Advisory Council and contribute ongoing thought leadership efforts that benefit association members, including presenting best practices at educational events and webinars, conducting and participating in surveys and focus group research and authoring bylined articles and white papers on topics related to information privacy and security risk management and regulatory compliance.
About The AEHIS Foundation
The Association for Executives in Healthcare Information Security (AEHIS) Foundation launched in 2014 as the first professional organization serving healthcare’s senior IT security leaders. AEHIS offers CSO’s and other top-ranking information security leaders the professional development and networking opportunities critical for their success. Members have access to the educational resources and support for addressing key industry specific privacy and security issues. Formed under the auspices of CHIME, the premier executive organization dedicated to servicing Chief Information Officers (CIOs) and other senior healthcare IT leaders, AEHIS members benefit from CHIME’s twenty-two year history of delivering valuable, high-quality executive education and networking opportunities. Learn more at http://www.cio-chime.org/aehis
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Clearwater is featured in Consulting Magazine’s 2017 Fastest Growing Firms - November 14, 2017
- Clearwater Compliance Named a Fastest Growing Firm by Consulting magazine - November 7, 2017
- New Webinar Series for Protecting Health Information from PHI Protection Network - November 3, 2017