It has always been our goal at Clearwater Compliance to bring you the very best in HIPAA Compliance software and solutions. However, this year we have gone above and beyond our original mission to expand the functionality of our software to offer additional information and privacy risk management functionality.
These new features enhance our products and build on the robust framework of tools to provide a software suite that allow organizations to assess, identify, measure, transfer and essentially reduce their risk. These features allow you to meet compliance requirements for your industry regulations simply, with clear interactive dashboards and with the support of an integrated Help Centre.
We are committed to continue to invest development resources to ensure our Customers have comprehensive and robust tools with which to perform the required periodic Security Risk Analysis and Security Compliance Evaluation as set out in the HIPAA Security Rule. We use the extensive background and knowledge of our experienced team, along with our customer’s feedback to develop and create the most powerful, proven methodology in the market today for helping organizations successfully respond to HIPAA-HITECH requirements.
Recently we also updated of all Clearwater HIPAA Compliance Software to reflect Omnibus Final Rule changes, keeping our customers completely up to date with the most recent regulations and requirements.
Customer Requested Features
You asked, we listened!
Here are some of the top improvements we have made based on popular customer suggestions:
- Take your data with you with the new ability to export more reports into CSV format and save, view and even print “versions” of your risk data. (Enormously useful when you update the Risk Analysis this year, as required by the HIPAA Security Rule)
- Integrated Sign-On. Customers with subscriptions to multiple Clearwater software products can now access their entire suite of tools from a single log in screen.
In Version 3.4.4, our most recent update, we introduced an important part of the Risk Response process: Implementation Planning.
This cool, new feature will allow you to plan the mitigation and transfer of risks once approved during the Evaluate Alternatives process. Add an Implementation Description, Plan for Monitoring Effectiveness and assign an Implementation Manager and Implementation Due Date with this .[/box]
Additional Improvements to the Clearwater HIPAA Risk Analysis™ Software:
- Risk Action Plan features, including sortable list, ability to document implementation and options to edit audit log information related to controls
- The ability to define logical “groupings” of assets so as to further simplify the risk analysis process
- The addition of Desktop/Laptop Media Type to accommodate those organizations that have implemented similar controls in both types of media so as to simplify the analysis on those media
- A new Rating Review page to simplify navigation
- The introduction of the Risk Rating by Asset Dashboard along with improved Risk Rating Reports
- The Risk Distribution Dashboard is now an interactive tool that will allow you to drill down on “critical” and “high” risks
- Introduction of Risk Threshold; the ability to frame the organization’s risk tolerance including identifying which risks are acceptable to the organization and at what level the organization must take action on risks
- Addition of the Risk Response List; the functionality to manage Risk Response, view Risk Treatment decisions and responsible parties
- Implementation of the Risk Treatment Form feature; the page that enables the customer to assign a responsible party to a risk, select a type of Risk Treatment type and enter notes
- Introduction of Media/Asset Labels; provides the ability for the customer to apply labels to media and assets for better management and tracking
- A complete overhaul of the Administration Module, enabling ease of administration of the software accounts by the Account Owner and the ability to identify multiple Account Owners
- Clearwater Help Center – a single depository for assistance with everything HIPAA and Clearwater Software related
- Navigational Improvements to the Risk Questionnaire Form
- Custom Permissions – Account Owners can control what pages users can view and/or edit
Updates to Clearwater HIPAA Security Assessment™ Software:
- The introduction of a number of new reports and dashboards
- The ability to save “versions” of reports and new trending dashboards to readily demonstrate change in your compliance status over time
- The addition of more Notes capabilities; the addition of Notes counters to important reports; and the ability to navigate to and edit Notes
- Significant improvement in the ability to sort reports and navigate to source data
- Multiple improvements to the Remediation Plan, including, but not limited to the ability to do mass updates to Responsible Parties, Priority and Due Dates
Register for a Guided Tour to learn more about Clearwater Compliance’s suite of software.
Latest posts by Jon Stone (see all)
- Latest Product Highlights – Welcome to IRM|Pro™ - March 17, 2015
- Latest Product Highlights – Entity Management and New Name! - February 5, 2015
- Latest Product Highlights – Identify and Respond to Your Identified Gap or Risks - January 5, 2015