In case you missed some of the top news from the last few weeks here is a handy digest of the top headlines with with editorial notes from our team.
A great article, with lots of relevance to our larger health care clients.
Are you fully aware of all of the shadow IT at your organization? Many CIOs are shocked to find hundreds of cloud services being used on their corporate network.
There’s been a lot of comments on this new framework since it was first published, both positive and negative. The positive is that it’s the first move toward a framework; the negative is that it’s based on the security risk framework which may not be a good fit when the details begin to form the framework more specifically. Watch this space for additional commentary and advice around this new framework.
How does all that corporate overhead (marketing costs, stock options, heated parking garages, racket ball courts, etc) in the 1100 health plans in the US impact quality of care, access to care and timely care? Could it be that our current health care free market economy is headed towards a single payor system?
As insurers grow larger, the effect on consumers depends largely on how successfully other companies, particularly those created or attracted by the Affordable Care Act, can compete.
- Hackers swipe data of 4.5M at UCLA Health System in massive cyberattack
- No HIPAA Violation for Employees Retaining PHI, Says Court
- HIPAA’s Use as Code of Silence Often Misinterprets the Law
- On its 50th anniversary, more than 55 million Americans covered by Medicare
- 11 most interesting developments in health IT this year
- Doctors Still In the Dark After Electronics Records Hack Exposes Data on 4 Million
We have assisted more than 400 customers to operationalize and mature their information privacy, security, compliance and information risk management programs. And in the process, we are raising the bar for safeguarding PHI, protecting millions of Americans and driving real value for the organizations we support and the healthcare industry at large.
Latest posts by Clearwater Compliance (see all)
- Clearwater Compliance’s IRM|Pro ™ Offers Expanded Enhancements to Address Evolving Hospital Cybersecurity Threats - April 4, 2017
- Cyber Contagions Knock Out Hospital Systems — Prompting Triaging of Cybersecurity to Code Red Status - July 19, 2016
- Exclusive Webinar for American Hospital Association (AHA) Members - July 12, 2016