If you’re in Nashville on June 9th, 2011 I have been asked to present on the “HIPAA-HITECH Enforcement Revolution” at the Society for Information Management (SIM) Nashville Chapter meeting. As you may be aware, I recently attended the NIST-OCR 2011 HIPAA Security Conference and will provide an update direct from DC! Details follow below…
Thursday, June 9th
5:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Refreshments to include beverages and appetizers
2122 Hillsboro Drive
Nashville, TN 37215
RSVP to email@example.com
SIM Members are free.
Guests are $20.00. Register and pay through the link below or walk-ins can pay at the door
- 5:15 – 6:00 Networking
- 6:00 – 6:03 President’s Welcoming Remarks – Fred Scholl
- 6:03 – 6:15 The Power of SIM – Wendell Jones, President of SIM International
- 6:15 – 6:50 HIPAA-HITECH Enforcement Revolution
- 6:50 – 7:00 Closing Remarks
Topic: HIPAA-HITECH Enforcement Revolution
The HITECH Act brought with it “carrots” and “sticks” in the form of huge incentives to certain healthcare providers to build out the nation-wide health information network (NWHIN) and significantly more focus on privacy and security compliance. The February, 2011 $4.3M judgment against Cignet Health was a watershed moment in enforcement. This was followed by the $1M judgment against Massachusetts General. Learn how the HHS/Office for Civil Rights is implementing its game-changing enforcement strategy and, importantly, what to do about it. Even if you are not in the healthcare payer, provider or medical claims space, you need to hear this presentation. The HITECH Act casts a wider net to include all business associates and downstream providers. Learn how HITECH is putting teeth into HIPAA and the strategies you need to undertake to get ahead of it.
More HIPAA HITECH Resources:
The complete HIPAA Privacy, Security and Breach regulations are here.
We have assisted more than 400 customers to operationalize and mature their information privacy, security, compliance and information risk management programs. And in the process, we are raising the bar for safeguarding PHI, protecting millions of Americans and driving real value for the organizations we support and the healthcare industry at large.
Latest posts by Clearwater Compliance (see all)
- Health Care Entities “Not Vigilant” on Cybersecurity, Reports 2016 Ponemon Institute Study - May 23, 2016
- Move Over Credit Cards — Stolen Medical Records Are Selling for Record Prices on the Dark Web - May 19, 2016
- President Obama’s 2017 Fiscal Budget Proposal Prioritizes HIPAA Audits - May 12, 2016