Established in 1887, Cooper University Hospital has evolved into a teaching hospital and biomedical research facility offering training programs across a variety of fields for medical students at the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. A partnership with the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center has led to the recently opening of a new comprehensive cancer center to serve patients in New Jersey and the Delaware Valley.
- Timing to complete Meaningful Use requirements for a risk analysis was growing short.
- With multiple locations, the magnitude of the work to compete a comprehensive analysis of risks was daunting.
- With multiple priorities facing the Information Assurance and Privacy Team, resources and expertise to conduct the risk analysis were in high demand.
- Established the overall risk analysis program approach with expert, highly-credentialed security risk analysis.
- Completed full life-cycle NIST-based risk analysis and risk response work according to HHS/OCR risk analysis guidance using Clearwater’s IRM|Analysis™ software.
- Completed knowledge transfer to the internal security team to complete ongoing risk management work and continue required annual assessments.
- Met the risk analysis requirement in both the HIPAA Security Rule (45 CFR § 164.308(a)(1)(ii)(A)) and the EHR Incentive Program.
- Trained internal team on the use of Clearwater’s IRM|Security™ software platform for ongoing remediation progress, implementation and maturing of its information risk management program.