I’m very pleased with how well things went.
A growing multi-location entity with over 150,000 employees as members of the company’s self-insured group health plan administered by the Benefits team in the Human Resource Department.
- Having the confidence to know which Privacy and Security Rule regulations applied to the benefits team
- Needing subject matter experts to assess the group health plan’s level of compliance with HIPAA-HITECH
- Uncertainty as to how to update Business Associate agreements as required by the Omnibus Rule
- Developing a remediation plan to close compliance gaps and conduct periodic on-going assessments to confirm
- Established applicable Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rule regulations through Clearwater’s Group Health Plan Requirements Determinator™
- Provided regulatory references confirming requirements
- Conducted compliance assessments using Clearwater’s Security and Privacy/Breach Notification software limiting the regulations to only those that were applicable
- Provided competent review and editing of Business Associate Agreement templates
- Resolved concerns stemming from uncertainty of the applicable regulations
- Provided a compliance score for management oversight
- Identified compliance gaps and populated a remediation plan for prioritization and project management
- Had access to deep subject matter expertise and insight