Watch this webinar (presented as part of the American Hospital Association’s Signature Learning Series) to learn how Sentara transformed their information risk managment program!
Learn how a large health care system, Sentara Healthcare, went beyond basic compliance checklists to establish, implement and mature a robust, affordable and scalable information risk management program with the help of Clearwater solutions.
- Un-quantified Risk = Undefined Risk Tolerance
- Silo-ed Risk Assessment approach: business line / focus area
- Narrowly Focused IT Security Efforts
- Assigned Responsibility and Authority
- Formed Clearwater Partnership
- Defined Program Elements: categorize, select, implement, assess, authorize, monitor (begin again)
- Centralized Documentation
- Standardized Tracking and Reporting Protocols
- Engaged Leadership
- Assessed Maturity Level
- Completed Bona Fide Risk Analyses:
- Added Staff
- Started Knowledge Transfer
Created Reporting Format
- Established Governance
- Initiated Executive Dashboard Development
- Formalized Risk Response Approach
- Expanded Program to other Business Units
Products & Services Employed
We have assisted more than 400 customers to operationalize and mature their information privacy, security, compliance and information risk management programs. And in the process, we are raising the bar for safeguarding PHI, protecting millions of Americans and driving real value for the organizations we support and the healthcare industry at large.