Clearwater Compliance has announced that a dozen HIPAA experts will join them to speak at their upcoming HIPAA Compliance BootCamp™ in south Florida on October 8th, 2015.
Entitled “Improved Quality of Care & Patient Safety through Better Information Risk Management”, this is the company’s 25th time offering this popular educational event which has been attended by delegates from major healthcare organizations all over the U.S. including Sentara Health Care, Symantec and Henry Ford Health Systems.
The BootCamp™ brings together experts in the field of information risk management and it allows attendees to learn, network and discuss key issues with peers. The marquis panel of speakers along with the agenda for the BootCamp™ are as follows:
Panel Discussion – Workforce Privacy Training
- Jose Perdomo, VP, Chief Ethics & Compliance Officer – Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
- Stephen Siegel, Attorney – Broad & Cassel
- Helen Blake, Executive Director, Office of HIPAA Privacy and Security – University of Miami
- Mercy del Rey, Chief Privacy Officer – Baptist Health South Florida
Panel Discussion – Reporting Information Risk to the C-Suite/Board
- John Christly, Chief Information Security Officer – Nova Southeastern University
- Howard Phillip, Information Security Officer – MDLive
- Meredith Phillips, Chief Information Privacy & Security Officer – Henry Ford Health System
- Kathy Jobes, Chief Information Security Officer – Sentara Healthcare
- Jack Lennon, Area Vice President at Healthcare Brokerage & Risk Management – Gallagher Bollinger
Keynote Luncheon Speaker: “Cyber Risks in Healthcare” –Special Agent – FBI
- Bob Chaput, CISSP, HCISPP, CRISC, CIPP/US, Founder & CEO – Clearwater Compliance, LLC
- Mary Chaput, MBA, HCISSP, CIPP/US, CIPM – Chief Financial and Compliance Officer – Clearwater Compliance, LLC
- Michelle Caswell, JD – Senior Director of Legal & Compliance – Clearwater Compliance, LLC
This 9-hour educational event will not only dig deep into the HIPAA Security, Privacy and Breach Notification Rules, but it also provides attendees with the proper information to take further steps to safeguard the privacy and security of patient information by operationalizing and maturing their information risk management programs.
“We are thrilled to have such a great group of local and national experts speaking at this BootCamp™,” said Bob Chaput, CEO of Clearwater Compliance. “This looks to be one of our most prestigious educational events yet!.”
Attendees can receive continuing professional education credits and earn up to 10.8 CPEs by attending the event. Clearwater Compliance has chosen an ideal time for the event! The BootCamp™ is being held in October, which is National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Through this event, they have created a unique learning opportunity to raise awareness of the pitfalls of securing patient information and how to avoid them. Given that the BootCamp™ is in beautiful Miami, Florida, attendees can also enjoy the mild and sunny climate during October when most people are in the midst of transitioning into fall and chillier temperatures.
For more information on their BootCamp™, please visit http://clearwaterc.wpengine.com/miami-bootcamp/.
We have assisted more than 400 customers to operationalize and mature their information privacy, security, compliance and information risk management programs. And in the process, we are raising the bar for safeguarding PHI, protecting millions of Americans and driving real value for the organizations we support and the healthcare industry at large.
Latest posts by Clearwater Compliance (see all)
- Clearwater Compliance’s IRM|Pro ™ Offers Expanded Enhancements to Address Evolving Hospital Cybersecurity Threats - April 4, 2017
- Cyber Contagions Knock Out Hospital Systems — Prompting Triaging of Cybersecurity to Code Red Status - July 19, 2016
- Exclusive Webinar for American Hospital Association (AHA) Members - July 12, 2016