Clearwater Compliance will host another of its Blue Ribbon Panel discussions on Information Risk Management Essentials on May 28 from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Central time.
At a time when threats to personal information maintained by vast numbers of companies are growing in frequency, sophistication and severity, the subject matter and opinions that will be delivered this event are ideal for business leaders and managers with responsibility for information risk management, corporate compliance, and HIPAA-HITECH privacy and security compliance.
With a prestigious line up of impressive panellists including OCR Investigator Sonya Hanafi, JD, MPH, American Bar Association’s HITECH Business Associates Task Force Chair, John R Christiansen, JD and CISO for Sentara Healthcare, Kathy Jobes, the discussion promises to be a lively and informative one.
Topics covered in this Blue Ribbon Panel will include:
- Why healthcare is the next cyber security battleground
- How healthcare information professionals can make a compelling case for action
- The importance of safeguarding information assets
- How to understand and act upon specific information risk management requirements covered in numerous regulations and best business practices
- A panel discussion with an opportunity for questions and answers
This Information Risk Management Essentials Blue Ribbon Panel will be moderated by Bob Chaput, CEO and founder of Clearwater Compliance LLC, who has extensive experience assisting businesses and individuals in developing highly secure information technology strategies linked with business strategies and goals. Previous panels have focused on Risk Analysis Dos and DONTs, HIPAA-HITECH Implications for Business Associates and Subcontractors, How to Prepare for HIPAA Enforcement Actions, and Risk Transfer and Cyber Liability Insurance.
“Too many privacy, security and compliance professionals struggle with the basics of information risk management while too many board members and executives lack awareness of the heightened threat environment and education in information risk management. That’s why we developed this live, interactive event that describes exactly what is required and expected by the Office for Civil Rights when compliance reviews, audits and investigations are conducted,” said Bob Chaput, CEO of Clearwater Compliance. “The session will help professionals to build a case for action and assist them in establishing, organizing and maturing their information risk management program.”
Registration for the free event is available here.
We have assisted more than 400 customers to operationalize and mature their information privacy, security, compliance and information risk management programs. And in the process, we are raising the bar for safeguarding PHI, protecting millions of Americans and driving real value for the organizations we support and the healthcare industry at large.
Latest posts by Clearwater Compliance (see all)
- Clearwater Compliance’s IRM|Pro ™ Offers Expanded Enhancements to Address Evolving Hospital Cybersecurity Threats - April 4, 2017
- Cyber Contagions Knock Out Hospital Systems — Prompting Triaging of Cybersecurity to Code Red Status - July 19, 2016
- Exclusive Webinar for American Hospital Association (AHA) Members - July 12, 2016