With the Omnibus Final Rule now published in the Federal Register, an effective date of March 26, 2013 and enforcement date of September 23, 2013, organizations are wise to omnibus-ize their HIPAA-HITECH compliance programs AND complete their HIPAA audits and assessments against the modified HIPAA Privacy, Security and HITECH Breach Notification Rules. Here’s today’s big tip – Good News from Clearwater compliance!
HIPAA Audit Tips – Providers and Health Plans Perform Poorly in HIPAA Audits
Clearwater Compliance Completes Update of Proprietary Software to Address HHS Omnibus Final Rule Regulations
The Clearwater comprehensive SaaS Solutions include guide to new requirements in company’s HIPAA security and privacy and breach notification assessments.
Read the complete press release here.
Download the presentation Lessons Learned from OCR Privacy and Security Audits delivered by OCR officials Linda Sanches, MPH and Verne Rinker, JD MPH.
Proven HIPAA Audit Tips – Other Actions You Should Take Now to Prepare for OCR HIPAA Audits
We recommend that organizations who have not already done so complete some fundamental preparation activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Establish a formal Privacy and Security Risk Management & Governance Program. (45 CFR § 164.308(a)(1))
- Complete a HIPAA Security Evaluation. (45 CFR § 164.308(a)(8))
- Complete a Privacy Rule compliance assessment. (45 CFR §164.530)
- Complete a Breach Rule compliance assessment. (45 CFR §164.400)
- Complete a HIPAA Security Risk Analysis (45 CFR §164.308(a)(1)(ii)(A))
- Develop comprehensive HIPAA Privacy and Security and Breach Notification Policies & Procedures. (45 CFR §164.530, 45 CFR §164.316 and 45 CFR §164.414 )
- Document and act upon a corrective action plan.
Join the 350+ companies (both covered entities and business associates) that work with Clearwater Compliance. We can help your organization jump-start your HIPAA Compliance program.
Wanna be even more ready for an audit or hip on HIPAA? Learn more…
The complete HIPAA Privacy, Security and Breach regulations are here.
If you’d like keep up to date on Audit Preparation, Risk Analysis or HIPAA-HITECH in general, please consider (all optional!):
- Joining our AboutHIPAA LinkedIn Group: http://AboutHIPAALI.org
- Following me: https://twitter.com/ClearwaterHIPAA
- Subscribing to our eNewsletter
- Attending a HIPAA HITECH live webinar: http://clearwaterc.wpengine.com/live-educational-webinars/
- Attending a HIPAA HITECH Blue Ribbon Panel Live Web Event: http://clearwaterc.wpengine.com/hipaa-hitech-blue-ribbon-panel/
- Viewing a pre-recorded webinar: http://clearwaterc.wpengine.com/on-demand-webinars/
Latest posts by Bob Chaput (see all)
- HIPAA Risk Analysis Tip – Part 5 – Questions & Answers from May 3rd Conversation with Former OCR Director Leon Rodriguez - June 5, 2017
- HIPAA Risk Analysis Tip – Part 4 – Questions & Answers from May 3rd Conversation with Former OCR Director Leon Rodriguez - May 29, 2017
- HIPAA Risk Analysis Tip – Part 3 – Questions & Answers from May 3rd Conversation with Former OCR Director Leon Rodriguez - May 21, 2017