With increasing penalties, greater enforcement and a growing set of sources of business risks and liabilities, healthcare organizations and companies that support healthcare organizations must gain a solid understanding of the HIPAA Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules.
While it is fairly well known that these rules provide for the privacy and security of Protected Health Information (PHI), the details of the laws: who is covered, what is covered, what is required, etc., is not well understood by either healthcare providers, their business associates or subcontractors.
This session is offered as a 90-minute webinar using the Zoom Webinar platform. The open format encourages questions during and after the session.
Key topics, common to the analysis of any law/regulation are:
- Why Do These Laws & Regulations Exist?
- Who Is Covered?
- What Is Covered?
- What Is Required Or Prohibited?
- Who Enforces?
- What Happens If I Don’t Comply?
HIPAA is an increasingly hotter topic among Covered Entities (CE), Business Associates (BA), and their Subcontractors, yet most organizations are still trying to simply understand what HIPAA means.
As data breaches and individual complaints increase, combined with increased penalties and greater enforcement, it is necessary that organizations truly understand the details of these statutes and the regulations promulgated: HIPAA Privacy, Security and Breach Notification Rules.
If you create, receive, maintain or transmit electronic Protected Health Information (ePHI), you should attend this webinar.
Benefit from our expertise; attendees will learn about HIPAA 101 information, and will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the fundamentals of the HIPAA regulations
- Explain to colleagues and management the recent statistics related to breaches of PHI
- Describe the difference between the Privacy and Security Rules
- Explain the history of HIPAA and what motivated the creation of these regulations
- Identify sources of liability for violations of HIPAA
- Articulate the types of organizations that have experienced breaches and complaints
- All registrants will receive a copy of all slide materials
Date & Time
July 9, 2018
11 am – 12:30 pm CT