(ii) Implementation specifications:
(D) Information system activity review (Required). Implement procedures to regularly review records of information system activity, such as audit logs, access reports, and security incident tracking reports.
The Information System Activity Review implementation specification requires covered entities and business associates to implement procedures to regularly review records of information system activity, such as audit logs, access reports, and security incident tracking reports. The period for which activity logs are maintained and the extent, frequency, and nature of reviews are determined by the covered entity’s security environment and overall security management process.
A complete set of HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures may be purchased here.
- NIST SP 800-55 Security Metrics Guide for Information Technology Systems
- NIST SP 800-14 Generally Accepted Principles and Practices for Securing Information Technology Systems
- NIST SP 800-12 chapter 5 An Introduction to Computer Security: The NIST Handbook
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- $100,000 Fine in Case Involving Defunct Records Storage Firm - February 14, 2018
- Clearwater CEO Bob Chaput Shares Expertise on Insuring Hospital Cyber Risks Through Captives - February 13, 2018
- Partnership Brings Focus on Cyber Security Solutions to Texas Hospitals - February 5, 2018