(ii) Implementation specifications:
(D) Information system activity review (Required). Implement procedures to regularly review records of information system activity, such as audit logs, access reports, and security incident tracking reports.
The Information System Activity Review implementation specification requires covered entities and business associates to implement procedures to regularly review records of information system activity, such as audit logs, access reports, and security incident tracking reports. The period for which activity logs are maintained and the extent, frequency, and nature of reviews are determined by the covered entity’s security environment and overall security management process.
A complete set of HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures may be purchased here.
- NIST SP 800-55 Security Metrics Guide for Information Technology Systems
- NIST SP 800-14 Generally Accepted Principles and Practices for Securing Information Technology Systems
- NIST SP 800-12 chapter 5 An Introduction to Computer Security: The NIST Handbook
Latest posts by Michelle Caswell (see all)
- What to Know About OCR Pre-Audit Questionnaires - June 3, 2016
- HIPAA and Firearms. Balancing privacy with public safety. - February 1, 2016
- Cornell Faces Heavy Fines with Latest OCR Resolution Agreement - May 4, 2015