(d)(1) Standard: Device and media controls. Implement policies and procedures that govern the receipt and removal of hardware and electronic media that contain electronic protected health information into and out of a facility, and the movement of these items within the facility.
The Device and media controls standard has four (4) Implementation specifications:
- (i) Disposal (Required). I
- (ii) Media re-use (Required).
- (iii) Accountability (Addressable).
- (iv) Data backup and storage (Addressable).
Latest posts by Michelle Caswell (see all)
- What to Know About OCR Pre-Audit Questionnaires - June 3, 2016
- HIPAA and Firearms. Balancing privacy with public safety. - February 1, 2016
- Cornell Faces Heavy Fines with Latest OCR Resolution Agreement - May 4, 2015