(d)(1) Standard: Device and media controls. Implement policies and procedures that govern the receipt and removal of hardware and electronic media that contain electronic protected health information into and out of a facility, and the movement of these items within the facility.
The Device and media controls standard has four (4) Implementation specifications:
- (i) Disposal (Required). I
- (ii) Media re-use (Required).
- (iii) Accountability (Addressable).
- (iv) Data backup and storage (Addressable).
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Clearwater Says New National Survey Findings A ‘Wake-up Call’ for Health System Cybersecurity - October 31, 2018
- Healthcare’s Most Wired: National Trends 2018 - October 31, 2018
- Clearwater’s IRM|PRO SAAS Platform Included in NIST SP 1800-8 “Securing Wireless Infusion Pumps” Practice Guide - October 2, 2018