(2) Implementation specifications (Required).
(ii) Availability (Required). Make documentation available to those persons responsible for implementing the procedures to which the documentation pertains.
Tell Me More:
The Availability implementation specification simply aims to make all relevant documentation available to workforce members who need it. Policies and procedures are of no value to the organization if they are not communicated to and shared with appropriate members of the workforce.
This implementation specification requires that documentation be made available to those who need it in order to implement the requirements of the Security Final Rule.
A complete set of HIPAA Security Policies and Procedures may be purchased here.
Questions to consider:
- Has the organization communicated to workforce members where they may find and access policies and procedures and documentation related to the HIPAA Final Security Rule?
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Clearwater is featured in Consulting Magazine’s 2017 Fastest Growing Firms - November 14, 2017
- Clearwater Compliance Named a Fastest Growing Firm by Consulting magazine - November 7, 2017
- New Webinar Series for Protecting Health Information from PHI Protection Network - November 3, 2017