A complete OCR-Quality Risk Analysis™ Solution, trusted by hundreds of healthcare organizations
Conducting a "by-the-book" HIPAA security risk analysis that evaluates threats and vulnerabilities to all information systems used to receive, create, transmit, or store ePHI, while also complying with strict guidance from the Office for Civil Rights, is no small task. Completing an enterprise-wide, information system-based risk analysis correctly requires the right tools, expertise, and resources.
Our HIPAA Risk Analysis solution combines our proven methodology and systematic process with our proprietary, preconfigured IRM|Analysis™ software to deliver a complete view of exposures across your enterprise.
The HIPAA Security Rule sets out an explicit requirement to complete a periodic risk analysis at 45 CFR §164.308(a)(1)(ii)(A):
(A) Risk analysis (Required). Conduct an accurate and thorough assessment of the potential risks and vulnerabilities to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of electronic protected health information held by the covered entity or business associate.
(B) Risk management (Required). Implement security measures sufficient to reduce risks and vulnerabilities to a reasonable and appropriate level to comply with §164.306(a).
IRM|Analysis™ will enable your organization to meet the HIPAA Security Rule requirement for risk analysis as well as similar requirements found in many other regulations.
Risk Analyses performed by, or in consultation with, Clearwater have been accepted by the Office for Civil Rights 100% of the time. Our Risk Analysis Solution also meets the requirements specified in the Promoting Interoperability (formerly Meaningful Use) Stage I and Stage II objectives.
The Right Expertise
An Efficient Risk Analysis Process Saves You Time and Money.
Demonstrate regulatory compliance and utilize results from your risk analysis to make more informed information risk management decisions.
Together, we will form a project team, provide your organization with educational materials, and plan the entire process. We will work with your team to help you:
- Identify all ePHI information systems and physical locations
- Analyze current documentation
- Train team members to use our IRM|Analysis™ software
During one or more on-site Risk Analysis sessions, we will:
- Perform walk-throughs and interviews
- Document controls
- Evaluate threats and vulnerabilities applicable to components of each information system with ePHI
- Determine the risk level based on impact and likelihood following the NIST 800-30 process
Our IRM|Analysis™ software will:
- Dynamically create reports and dashboards
- Identify all risks above your threshold, along with pertinent details
- Allow risk registries to be printed directly from the software
Additionally, we will prepare a summary Findings, Observations, and Recommendations (FOR) report to help you prioritize your next steps.
As a member of our Clearwater community you will have access to:
- Excellent concierge support
- Monthly customer council meetings
- A dedicated help center
We stand behind our solutions and will always be there to support you.
The Right Resources
Fast Start. Sustained Success.
The Clearwater HIPAA Risk Analysis Solution
Clearwater provides the most comprehensive risk analysis solution for health systems and their business associates while maximizing efficiency and minimizing disruption to your organization.
Go Beyond Compliance
Information security risk analysis has been a requirement in privacy and security regulations across industries for many years. However, compliance with regulations does not necessarily imply an organization has a “secure” information systems environment. Clearwater’s HIPAA Risk Analysis solution provides you with visibility into your organization’s greatest cybersecurity risks. It helps you to make more informed security investment decisions, manage risk as a continuous process, as well as strengthen and maintain your information security program.
Interested in how we can help your organization with HIPAA risk analysis?
Latest posts by ishamcm (see all)
- HIMSS 19: February 11-15, Orlando FL / See Us at Booth 400 Cybersecurity Command Center - February 7, 2019
- Test 1.2.3. - January 15, 2019
- Choosing an Information Risk Management Framework: The Case for the NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF) in Healthcare Organizations - January 9, 2019