Clearwater is proud to announce that Executive Chairman Bob Chaput has been invited to be part of the faculty for a new professional certificate program offered by The University of Texas at Austin. Titled Leadership in Healthcare Privacy and Security Risk Management, the first-in-the-nation certificate is designed to help fill the acute need for a trained, non-technical workforce to protect healthcare systems across the nation from fast-evolving cybersecurity threats.
The global cybersecurity workforce will have more than 1.8 million unfilled positions by 2022. The University of Texas’ McCombs School of Business is helping to close this gap by collaborating with industry, healthcare organizations, and governmental agencies to develop leaders in healthcare privacy and cybersecurity through the launch of a focused professional education program. The development of the curriculum was co-led by Sri Bharadwaj, MS, CHCIO, CPHIMS, PMP, CISSP, who serves as Chief Information Security Officer and Director, Clinical and Business Applications for UC Irvine Health, and Leanne Field, Ph.D., Director of Digital Healthcare Innovation for the McCombs School of Business.
This innovative program will rapidly equip individuals with the knowledge, leadership skills, and problem-solving competencies needed to manage risk in healthcare environments. Course participants include:
- Cybersecurity professionals
- Information technology, risk management and clinical professionals
- College-educated veterans and members of the National Guard and Reserves
- Graduates of the McCombs’ Health Informatics and Health IT program
- College graduates with STEM, business, or management degrees
Running July 10th thru August 31st and following an executive-style schedule, the Leadership in Healthcare Privacy and Security Risk Management program provides students with the flexibility to take the class in-person in Austin, remotely via real-time distance education, or a combination of both.
It’s not too late the join the program. Please visit the website to learn more and register.
Bob Chaput, Executive Chairman
- Understanding Risk Assessment Frameworks and How They Help Reduce Vendor Risks - May 26, 2020
- Clearwater Provides Complimentary Teleworking Systems Discovery and Analysis to Help Healthcare Organizations Strengthen Remote Workforce Security - March 31, 2020
- Clearwater’s IRM|Analysis® Software Helps Healthcare Organizations Assess and Respond to New Cyber Risks Driven by Remote Workforce - March 23, 2020