Critical Insights | Strategies | Recommendations
A must read White Paper for Healthcare Leaders to learn about securing protected health information.
The Financial Impact of Breached Protected Health Information: 2017 Update
Featuring Contributing Author, Clearwater CFO, Mary Chaput & Members of the PPN
Published originally in 2012, the whitepaper revealed a new predictive analytics model (PHIve) for evaluating and recommending the appropriate investments necessary to protect PHI and mitigate the risks of data breach.
Over the last five years, new threat vectors such as state-sponsored hackers, new tools for ransomware attacks easily purchased on the Dark Web, and new vulnerabilities including insufficiently protected medical devices and unpatched applications have increased the ease and rewards of stealing health information. The 2017 Update includes a proven use case of PHIve and is available for free download.
- Mary Chaput, CFO at Clearwater Compliance
- Dr. Larry Ponemon, Chairman and Founder of the Ponemon Institute
- Grace Crickette, Associate Vice President at San Francisco State University
- Keith Fricke, Partner and Principle Consultant for tw-Security
- Ben Goodman, Founder of 4A Security
- Rick Kam, President and Founder of ID Experts
- Anita Osterhaug, President of Communication Associates
- Rob Prueter, Executive Vice President of SPHER
- Ray Ribble, President of SPHER
- Kimberly Shutters, Founder and CEO of HIPAA alli
- Ed Stull, Executive Vice President and CTO at MiddleGate, Inc