ON DEMAND WEBINARS
HIPAA Privacy Rule Proposed Changes: What You Need to Know
This presentation is a recording of a webinar given on 2/4/2021 by Clearwater's Managing Principal Consultant, Wes Morris and Senior Principal Consultant, Dawn Morgenstern.
These modifications are proposed to improve health information sharing for more effective health care, empower individuals with their own protected health information (PHI), and lifts unnecessary administrative burdens on covered health care providers and health plans. These modifications, if implemented as proposed, will require Covered Entities and Business Associates to retool certain policies and procedures, adjust practices, and begin training the workforce to ensure compliance with the requirements.
The learning objectives for attendees will be to understand how the changes below may affect their organizations:
- Improve individual’s right of access, and their right to direct PHI to third parties
- Expand on care coordination and case management activities (including a modification to the minimum necessary standard for these activities)
- Improve ability to disclose PHI to social services agencies and home-based/community-based organizations for individual level care coordination and case management
- Require modifications to the Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP)
- Remove the burden to get acknowledgement of receipt of the NPP from the patient