A Patient Safety - Cyber Risk Discussion with Benoit Desjardins, M.D., Ph.D.
October 8, 2020
11:00am – 12:00pm CT
Reserve your seat
This web event discusses the potential threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of medical imaging.
In his new book Stop the Cyber Bleeding, Bob Chaput describes the potential for the hacking of a CT scan and the grave consequences of such of a breach. While a cyber incident of this magnitude has yet to occur, Chaput notes that studies have shown it is not a far-fetched scenario.
Benoit Desjardins, M.D., Ph.D., associate professor of radiology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, led a team that published a study reviewing the potential threats to the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of medical imaging. He shares Chaput’s concern for the vulnerabilities that exist within the healthcare IT ecosystem.
But as Mr. Chaput and Dr. Desjardins will discuss in this special Clearwater web event, cyberattacks are from just an “IT problem”. An enterprise-wide, strategic perspective—including input and engagement from the C-suite, board, and physician leaders—is absolutely essential to implementing an effective Enterprisewide Cyber Risk Management (ECRM) program. Yet, many healthcare organizations struggle to make it an enterprise-level concern.
Web event attendees will learn:
- How to overcome the barriers that prevent non-technical healthcare leaders from engaging in a discussion about Cyber Risk Management
- The importance of the Confidentiality-Integrity-Availability triad in discussing and evaluating cyber risk
- Ways in which healthcare providers and medical device manufacturers can collaborate more closely to keep patient data secure
Benoit Desjardins, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate professor of radiology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Founder & Executive Chairman, Clearwater
Contact us today to speak to one of our experts about how we can help your organization.
- The Rise of Telehealth: Planning for the Future: October 15, 2020 | 11:00am–12:00pm CT - September 14, 2020
- A Tale of Two Hacker Incidents - September 1, 2020
- Emerging Risk Management Issue: Vendors Hit by Ransomware - August 18, 2020