Managing Vendor Risk Across the Healthcare Ecosystem
November 5, 2020
11:00am – 12:00pm CT
Reserve your seat
Learn best practices that can be implemented at each stage of the vendor engagement process to manage risk and ensure a successful and comprehensive program.
Many companies have both direct and indirect relationships from third parties, fourth parties and so on that are important to fulfilling business functions. When engaging with third parties, their risks and vulnerabilities become that of the organization. Common risks associated with vendors include everything from compliance and operational risk to financial and reputational loss. Research found that 61% of U.S. companies have experienced a data breach caused by a third party and that number continues to grow.
Managing vendor risk can be a resource-intensive process -- third-party cybersecurity incidents are increasing due to the growing complexity of the healthcare ecosystem as well as organizations’ inability to develop a coherent process that identifies, monitors, and assesses the risks posed by third parties.
Despite the challenges, there are a number of key components and best practices that can be implemented at each stage of the vendor engagement process to manage risk and ensure a successful and comprehensive program.
Key Webinar Objectives:
- Understand the business risks imposed by vendors
- Recognize that no organization is safe through the major breaches caused by third parties
- Know the current standing of the vendor risk landscape by discussing research reports
- Identify challenges in vendor risk management
- Pinpoint best practices for vendor risk management
Chief Privacy Officer & Senior Principal Consultant
Contact us today to speak to one of our experts about how we can help your organization.
- Unsecured Voice Transcripts Expose Health Data – Again - October 21, 2020
- HIPAA Enforcement & the Pandemic : November 18, 2020 | 11:00am–12:30pm CT - October 20, 2020
- Managing Vendor Risk Across the Healthcare Ecosystem : November 5, 2020 | 11:00am–12:00pm CT - October 8, 2020