Promoting Interoperability Dollars at Risk: The peculiar case of Coffey Health and the potential impact on healthcare providers
September 18, 2019
12pm – 1pm ET
Reserve your seat | **This webinar is for CHIME Members Only**
Coffey Health System is paying back 10% of its meaningful use incentive payments following a settlement arising from whistle blower claims that it made a false risk analysis attestation. What are the requirements and is your organization at risk for similar claims? Find out as we explore the peculiar case of Coffey Health.
On May 31st, the U.S. Attorney for the District of Kansas announced a $250,000 settlement with Coffey Health System. The settlement resulted from a suit by two whistle blowers claiming Coffey attested to a risk analysis of its EHR system pursuant to the Electronic Health Records Incentive Program and received $3M in incentive payments even though the risk analysis was not completed.
Historically, the industry looks to OCR and its enforcement activity when discussing HIPAA risk analysis. While the penalties OCR may levy are not trivial, OCR’s approach of providing technical assistance and allowing organizations to come into compliance limits the number of organizations penalized. Coffey changes that.
This Webinar Explores
- The peculiar case of Coffey Health
- Current risk analysis requirements under the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program (formerly Meaningful Use)
- What you should do today in light of Coffey Health
- Describe the requirements for risk analysis under the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program
- Explain the relationship between the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program and the HIPAA Security Rule
- List the top reasons why an organization’s risk analysis might not meet these requirements
Chief Risk Officer & SVP Professional Services, Clearwater
This webinar is hosted by CHIME and only available for CHIME members.
Contact us today to speak to one of our experts about how we can help your organization.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- The IRM|Analysis™ Demo– October 23, 2019 11am–12pm CT - September 13, 2019
- What the New York SHIELD Act Means for Healthcare Organizations - September 10, 2019
- The Rise of Enterprise Cyber Risk Management Software - September 4, 2019